eWaste Recycling Solutions for Schools Across Brisbane
Posted on June 3, 2014
eWaste Recycling for School’s Unwanted Computer Equipment
With the end of financial year approaching, many schools are looking to get the most out of their IT budget and want to dispose of their eWaste in a responsible manner. A private school in inner Brisbane contacted Buyequip just last week with unwanted laptops, PCs, LCDs, laptop bags, switches and cables that had been upgraded in a recent IT refresh.
As the school had over 20 items to dispose of, Buyequip was able to guarantee over the phone a minimum of a cost neutral collection.
The eWaste Sorting and Assessment Process
Once the equipment was received in the Buyequip warehouse, the eWaste sorting and assessment began. Each asset was:
- Tested and assessed for remarket value;
- Entered into our custom software (including complete specifications, operability and serial numbers) to produce a complete asset list;
- Assessed for remarket value or disposed of as eWaste;
- Detagged of asset stickers; and
- Put through a data destruction process.
Reporting, eWaste Recycling Certificates and Rebates
At the completion of the sorting and assessment process, Buyequip presented the school with a complete asset list, data destruction report and an eWaste Recycling Certificate detailing the amount of toxic waste they had diverted from landfill. Additionally, Buyequip was happy to surprise the school with a cash rebate for their working and remarketable computer equipment!